Sunday 25 May 2014

Chapter 30 - Chithirai Mandapam

Chinna Pazhuvettarayar took Vandiya Devan back to the Asthana Mandapam. He was not very satisfied with the explanation that the boy had given in the presence of the king. He wondered whether he had made a mistake in letting Vandiya Devan meet the king alone.
It was but natural to suspect him, since he had come from Aditya Karikalan. But Periya Pazhuvettarayar had sent him with his signet ring.  But Chinna Pazhuvetar couldn't believe that he could have heard the boy, say 'Abayam' as 'Abaayam.'

"It would be better to keep him in the fort, until Periya Pazhuvettarayar comes back. And if possible, I can even enlist him as an spy under my command. Who knows, he might be helpful. He seems bright enough. And if I can give back his kingdom, he will be grateful enough to serve faithfully."

After reaching Asthana Mandapam, he saw Vandiya Devan looking around here and there. He was looking for the important olai hoping that it might have fallen near the commander's seat.

"If I don't find that olai I will never forgive myself. How will I meet Elaya Piratti without it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ponni's Beloved on Facebook

Ponni's Beloved on Facebook
Like us on Facebook

Volume 1 - New Flood